for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Dan Quayle quotes
Dan Quayle and George W Bush have much in common. The most obvious link is the grevious bodily harm they have inflicted on the language. See if you can complete some classic mis-statements by this memorable U S Vice President.
March 16, 2013
American Vice Presidents
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Dan Quayle @ The Biographical Directory of the U.S. Congress)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Complete the quote from J. Danforth when he said "I am not part of the problem. I am a ---------------?
D. father of children
2. Complete the quote from Mr Quayle when he said, "Republicans understand the importance of --------------- between mother and child."
3. Mr Quayle raised eyebrows when he commented, "One word probably sums up the responsibility of the Vice President and that one word is.......?"
A. to be prepared
C. not found in dictionaries
D. something I sleep with each night
4. Dan Quayle astounded those around him when he opined, "I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy......
A. but is that what we truly want
B. but we can do much better
C. but democracy is sometimes over-rated
D. but that could change
5. Dan Quayle demonstrated his spelling prowess to the world when he incorrectly spelled the name of what vegetable?
6. Complete the quote from Mr Quayle when he said, "I have made good judgements in the past. I have............"
A. made good judgements in the future
B. a record of judgements better than John F. Kennedy
C. made some mistakes but nobody's imperfect
D. made America the safest place on Earth
7. Dan Quayle's tenuous grip on English was again demonstrated when he said, "We are ready for any unforeseen event that..............."
A. catches Americans without warning
B. may or may not occur
C. we have not planned for
D. shows how prepared we are
8. Another of Mr Quayle's howlers occurred when he said, "Quite frankly, teachers are the only profession that ................"
A. turn children into adults
B. make minds into men
C. teach our children
D. make our future from our past
9. Mr Quayle again impressed when he said, "We don't want to go back to tomorrow, we ................"
A. believe in yesterday
B. want to go forward
C. know tomorrow never comes
D. want the best now
10. Dan Quayle was quite prophetic when he remarked, "What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to.........."
A. think the way our brain should
B. use our minds as Adam and Eve did
C. make our brains work for everyone
D. have a mind is very wasteful.
Conditions of Use