for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Walter Johnson- The Big Train
Try this quiz on one of baseball's early flamethrowers.
March 19, 2013
Major League Baseball
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: ondeckcircle.wordpress.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Which of the nicknames below was not a nickname of Walter's?
A. The Big Swede
C. The Big Train
2. Walter spent his entire 21 year career with what baseball team?
A. Washington Senators
B. Cleveland Indians
C. Detroit Tigers
D. Chicago Cubs
3. After retiring from baseball, Walter managed the Washington Senators and which other MLB club?
A. Brooklyn Dodgers
B. Chicago White Sox
C. Detroit Tigers
D. Cleveland Indians
4. Walter by far, is the MLB career leader in what category?
D. Triple Crowns
5. Walter was the first player in MLB history to do what during his career?
A. Record 5, 000 career strikeouts
B. Strikeout 200 batters in a season
C. Throw a Perfect game
D. Strikeout 10 hitters in a game
6. Walter was one of the first five players inducted into the baseball Hall of Fame. What is the group known as?
A. The Fab Five
B. The Holy Five
C. The Five Immortals
D. The Famed Five
7. Walter was very close friends with which former U. S. President?
A. Herbert Hoover
B. Calvin Coolidge
C. Woodrow Wilson
D. Warren Harding
8. Walter was the first pitcher in baseball history to do what during a game?
A. Strikeout 10 hitters in a game
B. Throw a Perfect Game
C. Throw a Complete Game
D. Strikeout 4 batters in one inning
9. What U. S. state was Walter born in?
10. How many times did Walter win baseball's pitching Triple Crown?
Conditions of Use