for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Attila the Hun
A quiz on the man whose name struck terror throughout Europe and Asia.
April 13, 2013
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In which century did Attila wreak havoc over much of Europe and Asia?
2. In what present day country were Attila and his tribe based?
B. Czech Republic
3. Attila became leader of the Huns following the death of his uncle and the murder of which family relation?
A. Attila's father
B. Attila's brother
C. Attila's mother
D. Attila's uncle
4. Attila and his tribe devastated much of Europe and Asia. Where did he experience one of his few defeats?
5. Which of the following ancient cities did Attila and his tribes not destroy?
6. What nickname was Attila given by the Romans?
A. Hell's Messenger
B. The Scourge of God
C. The Devil's Own
D. Son of Satan
7. Which nation attempted to assassinate Attila by sending a bogus diplomatic mission?
8. As one of his many wives, Attila took Honoria, the sister of Emperor Valentinian III. How was this achieved?
A. She was given as a war reparation by her brother.
B. She was kidnapped by the Huns.
C. She wrote to Attila asking him to save her from an arranged marriage.
D. Attila saved her from a flaming castle when the Huns attacked Turin.
9. Which of the following is not true about the death of Attila?
A. He died in bed on one of his many wedding nights.
B. His burial site remains unknown.
C. His body was placed in gold, silver and copper coffins.
D. He was executed by victorious Romans
10. What happened to the Huns following Attila's death?
A. They extended their territory, conquering large parts of China.
B. They were absorbed by the Goths.
C. The Huns ceased to exist within 20 years.
D. They were overrun by the Vandals.
Conditions of Use