for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Florence Nightingale - Lady with the Lamp
A quiz on the lady whose drive saw nursing and hospital conditions improve for the benefit of all. Questions about the life, career and family of Florence Nightingale!
May 04, 2013
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Florence Nightingale was born May 12, 1820 in which country?
2. To which military campaign did Florence Nightingale lead a team of 38 nurses?
A. The Napoleonic Wars
C. Zulu Wars
D. The Indian Mutiny
3. While Superintendent of the hospital at Scutari, Nightingale and her team reduced the mortality rate from 42% to what figure?
4. After the war, Florence Nightingale returned to England and did what?
A. Campaigned for women's right to vote
B. Wrote a book of her experiences
C. Founded a training school for nurses
D. Married her very patient suitor
5. How many of Florence Nightingale's children followed her into nursing?
6. What religion did Florence Nightingale practice?
B. Roman Catholicism
7. What animal did Florence Nightingale keep many of as pets?
8. What animal did Florence Nightingale carry with her, even when doing hospital rounds?
9. What award did Florence Nightingale receive when an elderly lady?
B. George Cross
C. Freedom of the City of London
D. An OBE from Queen Victoria
10. Florence Nightingale died in 1910 aged 90. Where was she buried?
A. Westminster Abbey
B. St Paul's Cathedral
C. At sea
D. A village in Hampshire
Pine River Consulting 2022