for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - World War II: D-Day Facts
Try your luck on this trivia quiz about the largest military invasion the world has ever known - D-Day.
June 05, 2013
World War II
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: D-Day Invasion @ wwiimemorial.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. D-Day, World War II, happened on June 6th of what year?
2. Who was the Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces and commander of the D-Day invasion?
A. General Dwight D. Eisenhower
B. General Omar Bradley
C. General Bernard Montgomery
D. General Bertram Ramsay
3. What was the code name of the D-Day invasion?
A. Operation Torrent
B. Operation Overlord
C. Operation Jupiter
D. Operation Manhattan
4. On D-Day, Allied forces landed on what French beach?
5. A key to the invasion's success was to convince Adolf Hitler and German military leaders that the Allied landings would actually occur at what French beach?
6. The Allied Forces codenamed the beaches that they invaded as follows: Utah, Omaha, Gold, Juno and Sword. Which beach was invaded only by British soldiers?
7. Which Allied beach was the costliest in terms of Allied casualties?
8. From what location did the Allied forces mobilize?
A. northern coast of Spain
B. southern coast of Finland
C. southern coast of England
D. southern coast of Ireland
9. The Allied forces set up a decoy operation that took place simultaneously with the real landings to distract the German forces from the real landing areas. What was the name of the decoy operation?
A. Operation Glimmer
B. Operation Taxable
C. Operation Duckpond
D. both a and b
10. The heroism and bravery displayed by troops from the Allied countries on D-Day has served as inspiration for several films and TV miniseries. Which of the following is not one of them?
A. The Longest Day (1962)
B. Saving Private Ryan (1998)
C. Tora! Tora! Tora! (1970)
D. Band of Brothers (2001)
Conditions of Use