for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Jawaharlal Nehru - India's First Prime Minister
A quiz on the man (1889-1964 )who led his nation into independence and beyond, coping with internal and external division.
January 23, 2014
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Educated in England at Harrow and Cambridge, what occupation did Nehru qualify for?
2. Nehru became friends with Mahatma Gandhi and joined what independence group in 1918?
A. India First
B. Indian Congress Committee
C. India National Congress
D. India Independence Institute (Triple I)
3. On what important issue did Nehru and Gandhi differ?
A. Non-violent non-cooperation
B. The partition of Pakistan
C. The future of India as an agrarian society
D. Membership of the British Commonwealth
4. Which political thinker's philosophy influenced Nehru in framing his approach to government and the economy?
A. Jean- Jacques Rosseau
B. John Stuart Mill
C. Adam Smith
D. Karl Marx
5. Who swore in Nehru as India's first Prime Minister?
A. Lord Louis Mountbatten
B. Mahatma Gandhi
C. Queen Elizabeth II
D. Prince Phillip
6. Which of the following legislative initiatives did Nehru not introduce?
A. The building of thousands of schools
B. The ending of the Indian caste system
C. A strong, socially responsive judiciary
D. Retention of English as the national language.
7. In preparing India for the future which of the following was not an area Nehru influenced?
A. National highway system
B. Peaceful nuclear and space programs
C. National railway network
D. Pharmaceutical industry
8. In the area of foreign affairs, which of the following is not true of Nehru?
A. He was one of the founders of the non-aligned movement.
B. He called for a freeze on all nuclear testing.
C. He created a South Asia trading bloc.
D. He kept India as part of the British Commonwealth of Nations.
9. What incident affected Nehru's political standing and his health?
A. The loss of Kashmir to Pakistan
B. The war with China in 1962
C. The creation of an independent Ceylon
D. The failure of the Green Revolution
10. Which of the following Prime Ministers of India was the child of Nehru?
A. Morarji Desai
B. Rajiv Gandhi
C. V P Singh
D. Indira Gandhi
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by