for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Winter Olympics
What do you know about the locations, history and records of the Winter Olympics?
February 14, 2014
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics @ sochi2014.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. The first Winter Olympics took place in 1924 in Chamonix, France. Since then, only twice have the games been cancelled. In what years were they cancelled?
A. 1940 & 1944
B. 1968 & 1972
C. 1984 & 1988
D. they've never been cancelled
2. How many countries have attended
3. What country hosted the 2014 Winter Olympics?
4. Which country was the first ever located south of the equator to win a medal at the Winter Olympics?
A. South Africa
B. New Zealand
5. What country did the USA defeat to win the gold medal in ice hockey in the 1980 Winter Olympics? Careful!
6. What was the first county to host the Winter Olympics four times?
A. United States
7. How many rings are on the Olympic flag?
8. In what Winter Olympic sport does one ride a sled down an ice track laying down
D. none of the above
9. In what Winter Olympic sport does one rapidly ski over a series of mounds or small hills?
10. What county is scheduled to host the 2018 Winter Olympics?
A. South Korea
B. North Korea
Pine River Consulting 2022