for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Dawn Fraser - "World Athlete of the Century"
As a swimmer Dawn Fraser had no equal. Take the quiz on the woman who was a rebel, an icon and unbeatable.
February 21, 2014
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Dawn Fraser took up swimming to counter what physical condition?
A. mild polio
B. spine curvature
2. Dawn Fraser was undefeated over 100m and held the world record for how many years?
3. Dawn Fraser is one of three athletes to have won the same event in three Olympics. In what three Olympics did she win the 100m freestyle?
A. Helksinki, Melbourne, Rome
B. Melbourne, Rome, Tokyo
C. Rome, Tokyo, Mexico
D. Tokyo, Mexico, Munich
4. Dawn Fraser was suspended from international competition by the Australian Swimming Union for 10 years for what offence?
A. Sleeping with a male swimmer at the Tokyo Olympics
B. Wearing an unofficial swimsuit
C. Failing to report to compulsory training
D. Stealing the Olympic flag from outside the Emperor of Japan's palace
5. How many Olympic gold and silver medals did Dawn Fraser win?
A. 4 gold and 4 silver
B. 5 gold, 1 silver and 1 brinze
C. 3 gold and 2 silver
D. 3 gold, 2 silver and 1 bronze
6. In 1964, Dawn Fraser was driving a car that was involved in an accident, killing which family member?
A. Her father
B. Her brother
C. Her mother
D. Her daughter
7. How many world swimming records did Dawn Fraser set?
8. At what ceremony was Dawn Fraser awarded the title of the "World Athlete of the Century"?
A. The opening of the Sydney Olympics in 2000
B. Laureus Sports Awards of 2000
C. British Sports Awards of 2002
D. World Sports Awards in Vienna in 1999
9. Following her swimming career, Dawn Fraser engaged in many pursuits. Which of the following was not one of them?
A. Member of parliament
C. Head of the Australian Olympic Committee
D. Patron of the Cerebral Palsy Sports Association
10. At what Olympic Games was Dawn Fraser acknowledged as one of the best seven athletes of all time?
Conditions of Use