for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Johnny Weissmuller - The Definitive Tarzan
Johnny Weissmuller became known around the world as Tarzan, with a yell all boys tried to mimic. Test your knowledge on this world-class athlete and actor.
May 17, 2014
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Johnny Weissmuller public domain photo)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Born in 1904, Johnny Weissmuller was given what first name by his parents?
2. Johnny Weissmuller won five Olympic swimming gold medals in what two Olympics?
A. London(1920) & Paris (1924)
B. Paris (1924) & Amsterdam (1928)
C. Amsterdam (1928) & Los Angeles (1932)
D. Los Angeles (1932) & Berlin (1936)
3. How many times was Johnny Weissmuller defeated in any freestyle swimming event?
4. Following his olympic success, Johnny Weissmuller starred as Tarzan. What was the title of his first Tarzan movie?
B. Tarzan and His Mate
C. Tarzan the Ape Man
D. Tarzan and Jane
5. How many times was Johnny Weissmuller married?
6. Which of the following is not true of Johnny Weissmuller?
A. He was a persistent pursuer of women
B. He was a boy who never grew up
C. He spent money wildly
D. He was an enthusiastic user of recreational drugs
7. In what other role did Johnny Weissmuller gain fame in movies and TV?
A. Congo Colin
B. Jungle Jim
C. Darkest Africa Dan
D. Bongo Bill
8. Johnny Weissmuller appeared on the cover of what Beatles album?
A. All You Need is Love
B. Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
C. A Hard Day's Night
D. Hey Jude
9. Which of the following is true of Johnny Weissmuller?
A. He never did alcohol or tobacco ads.
B. He never performed his Tarzan yell off-screen.
C. He never worked with animals away from film.
D. He never again wore underpants - only a loin cloth.
10. Dying in 1984, Johnny Weissmuller's funeral contained which of the following?
A. He was buried next to the original Cheetah chimpanzee.
B. He was buried in his Tarzan loin cloth.
C. His Tarzan yell was played.
D. He was buried with a photo of his famous Tarzan co-star, Maureen O'Sullivan.
Pine River Consulting 2022