for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Charles I - Executed King of England
July 18, 2014
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Born in 1600 Charles I was the grandson of which famous monarch?
A. Elizabeth I
B. Mary Queen of Scots
C. Henry VIII
D. Mary I
2. Although king of England, Charles was not born in England. What was his place of birth?
3. Charles was the second born of his family. How did he become king?
A. His older brother, Henry died of typhoid.
B. He had an older sister, Charlotte.
C. He deposed his older brother, Henry in a civil war
D. His older brother relinquished his position to marry a Catholic Spanish princess.
4. Charles I became king in 1625 and by 1629 had dismissed how many parliaments?
5. Without a constitutional parliament Charles was unable to do what?
A. command the army
B. have laws enacted
C. command the judiciary
D. raise legal taxes
6. What was the name of the institution Charles I used to prosecute opponents?
A. Regal court
B. Star chamber
C. God's Judgment
D. The Inquisition
7. Why did Charles recall Parliament in 1640?
A. To publicly denounce those fomenting civil war
B. To finance war against the Scots
C. In an attempt to influence public opinion
D. To officially inform representatives of his belief in the divine right of kings
8. On August 22, 1642 Charles raised his battle standard over which castle starting the English Civil War?
A. Balmoral Castle
B. Carisbrooke Castle
C. Nottingham Castle
D. Hampton Court Castle
9. After being captured in the First English Civil War, Charles was able to co-opt the forces of what nation to start a short-lived Second Civil War?
10. Charles I was executed on January 30, 1649. What item of clothing did he intentionally wear two of?
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by