for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Secretariat - Super Horse
Secretariat's freakish performance in the Belmont Stakes has never come close to being equalled. Take ten questions on the horse that captured the American public's heart in the 1970s.
January 01, 2015
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Which famous horse was the sire of Secretariat?
A. Northern Dancer
D. Bold Ruler
2. What were the racing colours of Secretariat?
A. Black, yellow yolk and yellow hoops on sleeves
B. Blue with a white sash
C. Yellow sleeves and blue diagonal stripes
D. Blue and white checks
3. Who was Secretariat's owner?
A. Fiona Mallory
B. Penny Chenery
C. Chrissy Polkinghorne
D. Robin Slattery
4. Secretariat won his first race at what racecourse?
A. Aqueduct Racecourse
B. Laurel Racecourse
C. Saratoga Racecourse
D. Belmont Park Racecourse
5. In what year did Secretariat win the Triple Crown?
6. Which jockey rode Secretariat in the majority of his races?
A. Ron Turcotte
B. Sandy Hawley
C. Eddie Maple
D. Steve Cauthen
7. By how many lengths did Secretariat win the Belmont Stakes on his way to winning the Triple Crown?
8. Which of the following is not true of Secretariat's Triple Crown victory?
A. He was the first horse to win the Kentucky Derby in under 2 minutes.
B. His Kentucky Derby win was remarkable for the fact each successive quarter mile was faster than the previous.
C. His great rival Sham was runner up in all three events.
D. He set a record in each of the three races
9. Which of the following honors was bestowed on Secretariat following his Triple Crown success?
A. A postage stamp was printed with his image
B. The President invited Secretariat and his owner to the White House.
C. The Governor of Kentucky declared Secretariat's birthday to be a state holiday.
D. A commemorative medallion was produced by the U S Mint.
10. In what country did Secretariat also race?
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by