for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Franz Schubert - Meteoric Composer
Franz Schubert created some of the world's most sublime music. Take ten questions on this prolific composer.
March 22, 2015
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Born in 1797, what numbered child was Franz Schubert in his family?
2. What nationality was Franz Schubert?
3. At what age did Schubert compose his first symphony?
4. For what instrument did Franz Schubert compose many of his works?
5. For which writer's works did Franz Schubert compose 64 famous settings?
6. Which fellow musical genius did Schubert worship, so much so Schubert was unable to speak to him when he passed him one day?
7. What disease is Schubert thought to have contracted that contributed to his death?
D. rheumatic fever
8. One of Schubert's symphonies remained incomplete and earned what title?
A. Incomplete Symphony
B. Lost Symphony
C. Schubert's Folly
D. Unfinished Symphony
9. Which of the following is not true of Franz Schubert?
A. He never married.
B. He lived in England for two years composing for William IV
C. None of his operas was performed in his lifetime.
D. His final resting place was alongside Beethoven, Brahms and Johann Strauss II.
10. How old was Franz Schubert when he died?
Pine River Consulting 2022