for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Claudius - Emperor of Rome
Claudius became emperor of Rome almost by default. His phyisical disabilities were thought by others to be mental also hence he was allowed to survive when assassinations, poisonings and coups were commonplace.
April 17, 2015
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Claudius was the first Roman emperor to be born outside Rome. Where was he born in 10 BC?
2. Which famous Roman was the grandfather of Claudius?
A. Julius Caesar
B. Augustus Caesar
C. Mark Antony
D. Marcus Aurelis
3. Which of the following ailments did Claudius not suffer?
B. poor hearing
4. Claudius became emperor following the deposing of whom?
5. How many times was Claudius married?
6. Of which area did Claudius lead the conquering and occupation?
7. Which family member did Claudius have executed, believing this person part of a conspiracy to overthrow him?
8. Which of the following is not true of the reign of Emperor Claudius?
A. Rome was attacked by Hannibal and his army.
B. He was an avid writer, recording much of what occurred during his life.
C. He was an avid fan of games and gladitorial contests.
D. He embarked on a bold public works program.
9. Claudius is generally believed to have died from what cause?
A. Stabbed after addressing the Senate
B. Stroke while asleep
C. Eating poisoned mushrooms
D. Heart attack
10. Who succeeded Claudius as emperor?
C. Rome reverted to a republic
Conditions of Use