for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Mississippi Fun Facts
Trivia questions about the history, geography, culture and politics of Mississippi!
March 11, 2016
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Mississippi Map)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In what city is the main campus of Mississippi State University?
2. What is the capital of Mississippi?
3. In what Mississippi city was iconic singer Elvis Presley born?
A. Yazoo City
4. What state borders Mississippi to the east?
5. What is the nickname of the state of Mississippi?
A. The Magnolia State
B. The Hospitality State
C. The Sunshine State
D. both A and B
6. What is the nickname of the University of Mississippi?
7. What American drama television series was set in the fictional city of Sparta, Mississippi? It ran from 1988-1992 and starred Carroll O'Connor and Howard Rollins.
A. In the Heat of the Night
B. Blue Skies
C. The Heart of Dixie
8. What American rock band, originally from Escatawpa, Mississippi, was formed in 1996? hint: one of their big hits was "Kryptonite."
A. Foo Fighters
B. 3 Doors Down
C. Watership Down
D. Matchbox Twenty
9. What band wrote and performed the song, "Mississippi Queen" in 1970?
A. Humble Pie
C. The Allman Brothers Band
10. The state of Mississippi does not have any major sports but they do have a few minor league teams. What is the name of the AA baseball team located in Pearl Mississippi?
A. Mississippi Surge
B. Mississippi Brilla
C. Mississippi Braves
D. Mississippi Hurricanes
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by