for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Tchaikovsky: The Father of The Nutcracker
Tchaikovsky's life and work with music.
April 03, 2016
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Peter I. Tchaikovsky
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Peter Tchaikovsky State Tretiakov Gallery, Moscow)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What Russian city was Tchaikovsky born on May 7, 1840?
A. St. Petersburg
2. Where did Tchaikovsky graduate school in 1865?
A. Imperial School of Jurisprudence
B. Moscow Conservatory
C. Russian Musical Society
D. St. Petersburg Conservatory
3. When did Tchaikovsky compose his First Piano Concerto?
4. What was Tchaikovsky's first opera?
A. The Voyevoda
C. The Enchantress
D. The Maid of Orleans
5. How many ballets did Tchaikovsky write and continue to be the most popular of his compositions?
6. Which author was Tchaikovsky's ballet, "The Nutcracker", based on?
A. Hans Christian Andersen
B. E.T.A. Hoffmann
C. The Grimms
D. Charles Perrault
7. Who did Tchaikovsky marry and became his patroness?
A. Nadezhda von Meck
B. Antonina Miliukova
C. Desiree Artot
D. All of the above
8. Whom did Tchaikovsky write his Piano Trio in A minor to as a dedication?
A. Anton Rubinstein
B. Nikolai Rubinstein
C. Tsar Alexander III
D. The Russian Five (a group of composers)
9. Where was Tchaikovsky's last home?
B. St. Petersburg
10. When was Tchaikovsky's death?
A. November 6, 1893
B. October 25, 1900
C. November 9, 1877
D. October 28, 1894
Conditions of Use