for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Annie Oakley - Little Miss Sure Shot
Her shooting skills were never surpassed but there was more to Annie Oakley than than her proficiency with a rifle. Take ten questions on the lady they called Little Miss Sureshot.
May 06, 2016
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Annie Oakley @ Wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Annie Oakley was born on August 3, 1860 in Ohio to the Mosey family. What first name was she given?
2. How old was Annie Oakley when she beat her future husband in a shooting match?
3. Who did Annie Oakley marry?
A. Buffalo Bill
B. Wild Bill Hickok
C. Frank Butler
D. Jesse James
4. Although born a Mosey, how did Annie Oakley acquire her last name?
A. From an area of Cincinnati, Ohio where she lived with her husband.
B. She decided to use her mother's maiden name.
C. From a gun manufacturer that sponsored her.
D. It was a nice alliterative name.
5. Annie Oakley began shooting around the age of 8 for what reason?
A. As a member of her local rifle club
B. Keeping crows off the family's corn crop
C. Hunting food for her family
D. Deterring debt collectors
6. Annie Oakley toured Europe displaying her shooting prowess. Which of the following notables did she not perform before?
A. Queen Victoria of England
B. Tsar Nicholas II of Russia
C. King Umberto I of Italy
D. Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany
7. Which of the following shooting exploits did Annie Oakley not achieve?
A. Split a playing card on edge from 30 yards.
B. Snuff out a candle from 30 yards.
C. Hit dimes thrown into the air from 20 yards.
D. Shoot the eyebrows off her husband.
8. How many children did Annie Oakley and her husband have?
9. In 1904 Annie Oakley won a libel case against William Randolph Hearst whose newspapers claimed she had done what?
A. Fixed the sights of her shooting opponents
B. Had cheated in shooting contests by having her husband shoot at her targets from a concealed position
C. Used ammunition that made it easier for her to hit a target
D. Had stolen to support a cocaine habit.
10. Annie Oakley died in 1926. What fate was in store for her husband?
A. He remarried and lived until 98.
B. He resumed his position as America's premier marksman.
C. He died soon after her, starving himself.
D. A stroke left him incapacitated for 17 years.
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by