for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Iowa Fun Facts
Trivia questions about the history, geography, culture and politics of Iowa!
August 13, 2016
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Iowa Map at Enchanted Learning)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What is the nickname of the University of Iowa?
2. What state borders Iowa to the north?
3. What is the capital of Iowa?
A. Sioux City
B. Cedar Rapids
C. Des Moines
4. What is the nickname of the state of Iowa?
A. The Gem State
B. The Prairie State
C. The Show Me State
D. The Hawkeye State
5. The History Channel airs a reality television show that follows antique and collectible pickers Mike Wolfe and Frank Fritz who are located in LeClaire, Iowa. What is the name of the show?
A. Iowa Collectors
B. American Pickers
C. Antique Archeology
D. Iowa Pickers
6. In what city is Iowa State University located?
B. Iowa City
C. Des Moines
7. What great river borders Iowa to the east?
A. Iowa River
B. Missouri River
C. Mississippi River
D. Platte River
8. There are no major sports teams in Iowa. However, there is a baseball team that resides in Des Moines which is a AAA affiliate of the Chicago Cubs? What is the name of this team?
A. Des Moines Dragons
B. Iowa Cubs
C. Des Moines Buccaneers
D. Iowa Wild
9. In the movie, "The Bridges of Madison County," photographer Robert Kincaid wanders into the life of Iowa housewife Francesca Johnson, while her husband and children happen to be away. They have a torrid love affair for four days. Who stars in the movie?
A. Robert Redford & Jacqueline Bisset
B. Donald Sutherland & Goldie Hawn
C. Clint Eastwood & Meryl Streep
D. Alan Alda & Barbara Harris
10. I'm thinking of an American painter who was born near Anamosa, Iowa. This person was best known for paintings depicting the rural American Midwest, particularly "American Gothic", an iconic painting of the 20th century. Who was this painter?
A. Grandma Moses
B. Norman Rockwell
C. Grant Wood
D. Georgia O'Keeffe
Conditions of Use