for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Nebraska Fun Facts
Trivia questions about the history, geography, culture and politics of Nebraska!
August 27, 2016
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Nebraska Map @ Enchanted Learning)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What is the nickname of the University of Nebraska?
2. What state borders Nebraska to the north?
A. North Dakota
B. South Dakota
3. What is the capital of Nebraska?
D. Grand Island
4. What is the nickname of the state of Nebraska?
A. Gem State
B. Bluegrass State
C. Sunshine State
D. Cornhusker State
5. What major river borders Nebraska to the east?
A. Yukon River
B. Ohio River
C. Mississippi River
D. Missouri River
6. The Omaha Storm Chasers are a minor league baseball team, based in Papillion, Nebraska, a suburb southwest of Omaha. With what major league team are they affiliated?
A. Texas Rangers
B. St. Louis Cardinals
C. Kansas City Royals
D. Colorado Rockies
7. Who was the first female governor of Nebraska?
A. Susana Martinez
B. Nikki Haley
C. Kay A. Orr
D. Jennifer Granholm
8. Which of the following actors was not a Nebraska native?
A. John Wayne
B. Montgomery Clift
C. Marlon Brando
D. James Coburn
9. Which of the following is true about Nebraska?
A. the 911 emergency system was first used in Nebraska
B. Nebraska has the largest aquifer (underground water supply) in the US
C. Nebraska has more miles of river than any other state
D. all of the above
10. What Nebraska football coach coached the team from 1973-1997, posted an .863 winning percentage and boasted three national championships?
A. Tom Osborne
B. Frank Solich
C. Woody Hayes
D. Bo Schembechler
Conditions of Use