for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - The Eiffel Tower
It is the symbol of La Belle France. Test your knowledge of the structure that was derided when first constructed but now is one of the world's most recognisable landmarks.
September 03, 2016
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In what decade of the 19th century was the Eiffel Tower completed?
2. What is the Eiffel Tower constructed of?
A. wrought iron
D. stainless steel
3. How many workers were killed during the construction of the Eiffel Tower?
4. How are the girders of the Eiffel Tower held together?
5. What is the full name of the Eiffel Tower?
A. Tour Eiffel Francaise
B. La Tour Eiffel La Belle
C. grand Tour Eiffel
D. brun Tour Eiffel
6. What animal was once walked up to the first platform level of the Eiffel Tower?
7. How tall is the Eiffel Tower?
A. 745 feet
B. 990 feet
C. 1370 feet
D. 1789 feet
8. Which of the following is not true of the Eiffel Tower?
A. A successful parachute jump has been made from it.
B. Adolf Hitler climbed to the top of it.
C. The first international television broadcast was made from it
D. Motorcyclists have ridden up the stairs to the second platform.
9. The Eiffel was intended to only last for how long?
A. 20 years
B. 75 years
C. 100 years
D. an indeterminate period
10. Which of the following insults was not commonly used to describe the Eiffel Tower in its early life?
A. tragic lampost
B. inverted torch holder
C. gigantic phallus
D. Grand Suppositaire
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by