for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Oliver Hardy - Comic Master
As the larger partner of the famed Laurel and Hardy, Oliver Hardy led an interesting and varied life. Take ten questions on this master of timing and nuanced humour.
May 09, 2017
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Oliver Hardy)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Born in Georgia in 1892 to a Confederate veteran wounded at Antietam, what was Oliver Hardy's birth name?
2. What fate befell Oliver Hardy before he was one year old?
A. His mother died.
B. He contracted scarlet fever.
C. He was crippled with polio thus resulting in his wieght gain.
D. His father died
3. How many times was Oliver Hardy married?
C. three times
4. Laurel and Hardy appeared in what similarly named Marx Brothers film?
A. A Night at the Opera
B. Duck Soup
C. A Day at the Races
D. Animal Crackers
5. How many Academy Awards did Laurel and Hardy win?
6. What article of clothing did Oliver Hardy use to indicate displeasure and joy?
A. bowler hat
7. Complete the following quote Oliver Hardy often directed at Stan Laurel - "Here's another fine ________ you've gotten me into!"
8. In which of the following addictive habits did Oliver Hardy engage enthusiastically?
9. In what John Wayne film did Oliver Hardy appear in a straight role?
A. The Searchers
B. The Fighting Kentuckian
C. She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
D. North to Alaska
10. Oliver Hardy died in August, 1957 but was severely incapacitated by what in 1956?
B. heart attack
C. lung cancer
D. removal of a leg
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by