for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Christopher Columbus - Part 2
More questions on the man whose voyages brought European influence to the New World.
September 26, 2017
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Smithsonian Institution Libraries)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Christopher Columbus was not born with his accepted last name. He adopted the Spanish version of what Italian birth name?
2. How many children did Christopher Columbus father?
3. What was the fate of Columbus's famed flagship?
A. It was preserved and is on display in Madrid.
B. It was sold to slave traders.
C. It was captured by pirates.
D. It was wrecked on Hispaniola.
4. How many voyages did Christopher Columbus make to the New World?
5. On his second trip in 1493, Christopher Columbus intended to colonize Dominica and brought what commodity back to Spain?
D. sugar cane
6. The voyage of Columbus in 1493 also created an outbreak of what in Barcelona?
7. Upon arriving back in Spain after his third voyage, what happened to Columbus and his brothers?
A. They were jailed.
B. They were given freedom of the city of Madrid.
C. They were visited by the Pope.
D. They were declared bankrupt and all goods confiscated.
8. On one voyage, the crew of Columbus mutinied and left him marooned on what island for approximately a year?
9. In what language did Christopher Columbus record all his voyages?
10. Christopher Columbus died in May, 1506 but his body was not allowed to rest in peace. How many different internments did it experience?
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by