for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Sherlock Holmes - Super Slueth
Sherlock Holmes was Arthur Conan Doyle's most popular character. Test your knowledge of this beloved and often imitated figure.
December 07, 2017
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Conan Doyle based Sherlock Homes on which of the following?
A. Edward Ringling
B. Mario Campano
C. John Ellacombe
D. Joseph Bell
2. In what story did Sherlock Holmes make his debut?
A. The Sign of Four
B. The Hound of the Baskervilles
C. A Study in Scarlet
D. The Valley of Fear
3. Sherlock Holmes' great nemesis was Professor Moriarity who was given what colourful title?
A. The Rasputin of Crime
B. The Napoleon of Crime
C. The Robespierre of Crime
D. The Machiavelli of Crime
4. Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson lived in 221B on what London street?
5. Of which of the following flaws was Sherlock Holmes not guilty?
A. an aggressive pursuer of women
C. house breaker
6. What style of reasoning did Holmes primarily use to solve his cases?
A. abductive reasoning
B. inductive reasoning
C. deductive reasoning
D. intuitive reasoning
7. Which of the following was not a characteristic of Sherlock Holmes?
A. pipe smoker
B. cocaine user
C. wearer of a deer-stalker hat
D. violin player
8. Professor Moriarity met his end when he and Holmes fell off the Reichenbach Falls which are found in what country?
9. Although an English character, Sherlock Holmes has been portrayed by many American actors. Who of the following has not played Holmes on film?
A. Raymond Massey
B. George C. Scott
C. Robert Downey Jr
D. Spencer Tracey
10. Which of the following is true of Sherlock Holmes?
A. Holmes died when he fell from Reichenbach Falls.
B. Holmes was wrong only once in a case.
C. His favourite saying was, "Elementary, my dear Watson".
D. He is the world's most portrayed literary character on film.
Conditions of Use