for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - The Planet Jupiter
Jupiter was the King of the Roman Gods hence his name was given to the largest planet of the Solar System. Test your knowledge of this gigantic planet.
December 12, 2017
Science & Nature
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What position from the Sun is Jupiter in relation to the other planets?
2. Jupiter is a gas giant composed mainly of what two gases?
A. Hydrogen and Helium
B. Methane and Ethane
C. Carbon Dioxide and Helium
D. Nitrogen and Methane
3. Approximately how many Earths would fit into Jupiter?
4. Astronomers have observed on Jupiter a large red movement which they have deduced to be a storm. What is its name?
A. Great Red Eye
B. Great Red Spot
C. Great Red Storm
D. Great Red Spiral
5. As of 2017, what space probe is orbiting Jupiter and sending back vital information to Earth?
6. Galileo first observed Jupiter’s moons through his telescope. Which astronomer first saw the bands or stripes on Jupiter?
7. Which of the following is not correct of Jupiter?
A. More comets impact Jupiter than any planet of the Solar System.
B. The core temperature of Jupiter is hotter than the surface of the Sun.
C. The atmospheric pressure of Jupiter turns much of its gas into liquid.
D. Jupiter could become a star given its size and composition.
8. How many rings does Jupiter have?
9. Jupiter has 69 chartered moons. What is the name of the largest Jovian moon?
10. Which of the following is true of Jupiter?
A. It has the shortest day of any planet of the Solar System.
B. Jupiter is half as large as all the planets of the Solar System.
C. Jupiter is approximately 1 billion kilometres from the Sun.
D. There are no winds on Jupiter.
Conditions of Use