for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Richard "The Lionheart"
His exploits in the Crusades gave Richard his memorable title but there were dark moments in this king's reign. Test your knowledge of "Richard Coeur de Lion".
May 31, 2018
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Richard I was born September 8, 1157 to which parents?
A. Henry I and Matilda of Scotland
B. Henry II and Eleanor of Aquitane
C. Henry III and Eleanor of Provence
D. William I and Matilda of Flanders
2. Although born in England, where did Richard spend most of his adult life?
D. Holy Land
3. Richard was crowned on July 20, 1189 and controversially banned which group from the ceremony?
4. Which crusade did Richard lead to the Holy Land in an attempt to remove Saladin and his army from Jerusalem?
5. Richard married Berengaria who came from where?
6. During the Crusades what did Richard do with 2700 Muslim prisoners.
A. converted them on the threat of death if they refused
B. sold them to slave traders
C. had them killed
D. allowed them to return to their homes
7. Which of the following towns was not fought for during Richard's crusade against Saladin?
8. What was the outcome of Richard's crusade to liberate Jerusalem?
A. The city was left in Christian hands for approximately 50 years.
B. Richard left the Holy Land a beaten man.
C. A truce was negotiated.
D. Jerusalem was divided into Christian and Islamic sections.
9. Following his crusade, Richard was captured and held for ransom by whom?
B. Henry VI, Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire
C. King Gustav of Sweden
D. Czar Peter of Russia
10. Richard I died April 6, 1199 as a result of what?
B. wounds received in battle
D. falling from his horse
Conditions of Use