for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Louisa Adams - Sixth First Lady
Louisa Adams gave the impression she was a silent partner to her husband, John Quincy Adams but she was an intelligent and principled lady. Taken ten questions on this interesting woman.
March 19, 2020
Presidential First Ladies
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: https://www.history.com/news/the-first-foreign-born-first-lady-louisa-catherine-adams)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Where was Louisa Adams born in 1775.
2. From 1778 Louisa's parents went to live in what country?
C. U S A
3. After marrying the politically active John Quincy Adams in 1797, where did the family move to allow John to take up a political appointment?
4. What unusual aspect of John Quincy Adams' presidential inauguration involved Louisa?
A. Louisa held the Bible on which her husband took the oath.
B. Louisa invited some of Washington's homeless to the ceremony.
C. She addressed he crowd after her husband spoke.
D. She did not attend the inauguration.
5. During her time in the White House, what animal did Louisa cultivate for her use?
6. Louisa and John Adams had three sons who were a disappointment. Which of the following is not true of her sons?
A. One was addicted to opium and fathered an illegitimate child with a chambermaid.
B. One was the captain of a slave trading ship and fathered several children with slaves.
C. One son was thrown out of Harvard University.
D. One son spoke of his "depraved ways" and was a user of prostitutes.
7. During her time as First Lady, on what instrument would Louisa Adams give recitals to selected guests?
8. Apart from being a musician, what other cultural pursuit did Louisa Adams pursue?
A. sculptor of porcelain figurines
B. portrait painter
D. writer of poems and plays
9. Louisa Adams had three sons and a daughter. How many of her children did she outlive?
10. Following her husband's presidency, what cause did Louisa Adams champion?
A. Women's suffrage
B. Unsafe work practices
C. Abolition of slavery
D. Creation of national parks
Conditions of Use