for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Ward Bond - Character Actor Par Excellence
Ward Bond appeared in over 200 movies, always in supporting roles, throughout his career. Take ten questions on the man whose face you've seen on the screen from comedies, westerns and dramas.
April 10, 2020
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Ward Bond @ Fifties Web)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Born in 1903, Ward Bond made his entry into the world in which U S state?
A. New York
2. Apart from appearing in many movies with John Wayne, what other connection did Ward Bond share with the Duke?
A. They attended the same university.
B. They served on the same PT boat during WWII.
C. They had a common great great grandmother.
D. Their wives were sisters.
3. Ward Bond appeared in many movies directed by John Ford. What part of Bond's body would Ford attempt to photograph in an unflattering manner?
4. What notable claim to fame was Ward Bond able to make?
A. He drank John Wayne, John Ford and Victor McLaglen under the table during the filming of The Quiet Man.
B. He persuaded Ronald Reagan to enter politics.
C. He taught Gary Cooper how to ride a horse.
D. He appeared in more pictures nominated for Best Picture than any other actor.
5. What medical condition did Ward Bond suffer?
C. rheumatoid arthritis
6. In how many movies did Ward Bond and John Wayne appear together?
7. In which of the following movies, was a Ward Bond character the inspiration for a Sesame Street puppet?
A. Mister Roberts
B. It's a Wonderful Life
C. The Time of Your Life
D. The Grapes of Wrath
8. How many films in which Ward Bond acted are In the American Film Institute's Best 100 films?
9. Ward Bond eventually reached star billing in what TV show western series?
A. The Range Rider
C. Wanted Dead or Alive
D. Wagon Train
10. Dying of a heart attack in 1960, Ward Bond bequeathed John Wayne what item in his will?
A. a shotgun
B. a stock whip
C. a magician's hat
D. a saddle
Conditions of Use