for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - People whose names became words
General Ambrose Burnside gave the world the word "sideburns" because of his distinctive facial hair. Test your knowledge of ten other examples where names have become nouns.
April 11, 2020
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Which of the following military terms is named after a British artillery lieutenant?
2. Which of the following severe actions is named after a British army captain?
3. Which of the following is named after a daring Frenchman?
4. Which of the following non-conformist words is named after a San Antonio mayor?
5. Which of the following mental conditions is named after an Austrian journalist?
6. Which of the following is named after an 18th century French government minister?
7. Which of the following drugs is named after a 16th century French diplomat?
8. Which of the following unpleasant terms is named after a Norwegian?
9. Which of the following is named after an 18th century German physician?
10. Which of the following derogatory terms is named after a 13th century Scottish philosopher
Conditions of Use