for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Denzel Washington - Extraordinary Actor and Benefactor
Denzel Washington has made his mark on the world of movies and the world in general. Test your knowledge of this remarkable man.
September 10, 2020
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Denzel Washington @ Wikimedia Commons)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Born in New York on December 28, 1954, Denzel Washington credits what with ensuring he did not join friends in jail?
A. His mother enrolled him in a military school.
B. his father's modelling as a preacher
C. a local cop who took an interest in him
D. discovering the world of books at his local library
2. Denzel Washington's first break occurred in T.V. with a seven-year run in what medical soap drama?
A. China Beach
B. St Elsewhere
C. Trapper John M D
3. As at 2020, Denzel Washington is the first African-American actor to receive two Academy Awards. In what films did he appear to win these awards?
A. Malcolm X & American Gangster
B. Glory & The Pelican Brief
C. Glory & Training Day
D. Training Day & Malcolm X
4. Denzel Washington has appeared in a number of film remakes. Which of the following has he not appeared in?
A. The Magnificent Seven
B. The Taking of Pelham 1,2,3
C. The Manchurian Candidate
D. The Nutty Professor
5. Denzel Washington has a strong community spirit and is a board member of what national community group?
A. Boys and Girls Clubs of America
B. Strong Women Strong Girls
C. Boys Scouts of America
D. Children of the American Revolution
6. On June 25, 1983, Washington married Pauletta Pearson. He and Pauletta renewed their vows in 1995 with which celebrated figure celebrating?
A. The Dalai Llama
B. Bishop Desmond Tutu
C. Mother Teresa
D. Pope John Paul II
7. Denzel Washington has portrayed a number of historical figures on film. Which of the following figures has he not portrayed?
A. Malcolm X
B. Steve Biko
C. Martin Luther King
D. Rubin "Hurricane" Carter
8. Denzel Washington has a strong social conscience and has donated to many causes. Which of the following of his causes has received the largest donation from him?
A. Fordham University
B. Nelson Mandela's Children Fund
C. Save Africa's Children
D. Church of Christ construction in Los Angeles
9. Denzel and Pauletta Washington have two daughters and two sons. One of their sons was named after which of the following notable African Americans?
A. Frederick Douglass
B. Martin Luther King
C. Malcolm X
D. Paul Robeson
10. How many times has Denzel Washington been name in People Magazine's "50 Most Beautiful People in the World"?
C. five times
D. ten times
Conditions of Use