for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Colorado Fun Facts
Known as the "Centennial State", Colorado is renowned for its natural beauty and hardy citizens. Test your knowledge of this lofty jewel of the south-western U.S.
October 13, 2020
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: OutThereColorado.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Why is Colorado called the Centennial State?
A. There are 100 independent ski slopes.
B. The state has more than 100 days a year when the temperature is below freezing.
C. Residents of the state are said to always give 100%.
D. The state was founded 100 years after the signing of the Declaration of Independence in 1776.
2. There is only one point in the US where the corners of four states meet. Colorado shares this point with which three states?
A. Kansas, Oklahoma and Nebraska
B. Wyoming, Utah and Montana
C. Arizona, New Mexico and Utah
D. Texas, Oklahoma and New Mexico
3. The highest paved road in North America is found in Colorado, going to Mount Evans. Approximately how high does this road climb?
A. 10,000 feet
B. 12,000 feet
C. 14,000 feet
D. 16,000 feet
4. Which of the following is not true about Colorado's geography?
A. It has the tallest sand dune in the US.
B. It is the only state that lies entirely above 1,000 metres in elevation.
C. The U S Government owns more than one third of the land of Colorado.
D. Because of the altitude, there are no venomous snakes.
5. Which of the following about the capital Denver is not true?
A. It has the longest continuous street in America.
B. It is the highest US state capital.
C. It hosts the world's largest annual indoor rodeo.
D. It has the largest system of city parks in the America.
6. Which of the following is not true of Colorado?
A. It has the lowest obesity rate in the nation.
B. The cheeseburger was invented there.
C. It has the most road deaths per capita of any US state.
D. The state has the longest life expectancy in America.
7. Colorado's approach to drugs is different to many US states. Which of the following is not true about mind-altering substances in Colorado?
A. Colorado's youth cannabis use is the highest in America.
B. Colorado was the first state to legalize medicinal, industrial and recreational use of marijuana.
C. Colorado has the highest number of microbreweries in America.
D. It is illegal in Colorado to ride a horse while intoxicated.
8. Sport is a big part of the fabric of Colorado. Which of the following teams is not based in Denver?
A. Major League Baseball - Rockies
B. National Hockey League - Wild
C. National Football League - Broncos
D. National Basketball Association - Nuggets
9. Which of the following actors was not born in Colorado?
A. Michelle Williams
B. Kristin Davis
C. Douglas Fairbanks
D. Tim Allen
10. The ski town of Aspen is one of Colorado's most famous tourist attractions. Which of the the following is not true of Aspen?
A. It has the highest average price for real estate in America.
B. The town was founded by gold prospectors in the 19th century.
C. Its only high school is the highest ranked in academic achievement in Colorado
D. The town has never hosted a Winter Olympics.
Conditions of Use