for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Ruth Bader Ginsburg - Women's Rights Campaigner & Renowned Supreme Court Justice
Ruth Bader Ginsburg's life was one of fighting for the rights of all. Test your knowledge of this remarkable American jurist and freedom fighter.
October 21, 2020
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: abc.net.au)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Born in New York in Brooklyn, New York in 1933, Ruth Bader Ginsburg was one of nine women admitted into what prestigious law school for the first time in 1956?
B. New York
2. In 1970 Ruth Bader Ginsburg took on a case of a man's discrimination in the hope she would be able to prove all sex-based discrimination was wrong. What was the basis of the man's complaint?
A. He wanted to claim a tax deduction for hiring a nurse to look after his mother who lived with him.
B. He wanted to enrol in a nursing school but was not allowed as he was male.
C. He wanted to trial as a member of his college's cheerleading team.
D. He was a female impersonator who was denied his tax claim for make-up.
3. Ruth Bader Ginsburg based much of her advocacy on which amendment to the U.S. Constitution which guaranteed all citizens "equal protection of the laws"?
4. In 1960 Ruth Bader Ginsburg applied for and was rejected for the clerkship of which U.S. Supreme Court Justice?
A. William Orville Douglas
B. Felix Frankfurter
C. John Harlan
D. William Brenna
5. Ruth Bader Ginsburg was the founder of what civil rights organisation in the 1970s?
A. American Civil Liberties Union for Women's Rights
B. Legal Aid Justice Center
C. Flex Your Rights
D. People's Freedom Union
6. Nominated by Bill Clinton and becoming a Supreme Court Justice in 1993, Ruth Bader Ginsburg's non-conformist approach earned her what title?
A. The Dissenting R.B.G.
B. The Bombastic R.B.G.
C. The Pig-headed R.B.G.
D. The Notorious R.B.G.
7. What item of clothing did Ruth Bader Ginsburg adopt as a signature motif?
C. lace neckerchiefs
8. Which of the following Supreme Court rulings was not dissented against by Ruth Bader Ginsburg?
A. Bush v Gore - contesting the election result in Florida that gave Bush the Presidency
B. Olmstead v L.C. - individuals with mental disabilities had the right to community-based housing
C. Gonzales v Carhart - outlawing late term abortion
D. Ledbetter v Goodyear Tire Company - female employee Lilly Ledbetter was paid less than male employees
9. Before coming under attack from Ruth Bader Ginsburg and women of her ilk, how many laws in America discriminated against women?
10. Ruth Bader Ginsburg died in 2020 from what ailment she had battled for many years?
A. heart disease
B. stroke caused by high blood pressure
Conditions of Use