for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Delaware Fun Facts
As one of the original thirteen colonies, Delaware has a long and proud history. Test your knowledge of the Blue Hen State.
October 28, 2020
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Delaware Business Times)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Being one of the smallest of the United States, what ranking in size does Delaware have?
2. Delaware is also known as "The First State" for what reason?
A. It had more Presidents than any other until 1840.
B. It was the first state to establish a state legislature.
C. It was the first state to ratify the Constitution in 1787.
D. It is always the first state to vote at the Electoral College every four years.
3. Which of the following corporate giants originated in and is still headquartered in Delaware?
B. Du Pont
D. Kraft Foods
4. Delaware is bordered by three states. Which of the following is not one of them?
C. New Jersey
5. Delaware hosts the world championship for the propulsion of what agricultural item?
A. cow pie
D. rubber boots
6. The name "Delaware" originated from who or what?
A. the native American people
B. George Washington
C. Benjamin Franklin
D. an English nobleman
7. Which of the following actors is not from Delaware?
A. Aubrey Plaza
B. Elisabeth Shue
C. Lindsay Lohan
D. Valerie Bertinelli
8. Which of the following is the largest city in Delaware?
A. Delaware City
9. Which of the following is not true of Delaware?
A. The state song is "Yankee Doodle".
B. Alcohol cannot be sold on a Sunday.
C. There is no sales tax.
D. No Delawarean has been elected President of the United States.
10. Which classic movie of the 1980s was shot in Delaware?
A. Rain Man
B. Dead Poets Society
C. Top Gun
D. The Breakfast Club
Conditions of Use