for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Hawaii Fun Facts
Hawaii is unique among the 50 U.S. states given its location, climate and diverse lifestyle. Test your knowledge of the Aloha State.
November 21, 2020
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: travelmonitor.com.au)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Which of the following geographical facts about Hawaii is not true?
A. It covers the longest distance of any state.
B. Hawaii consists of eight main populated islands.
C. It is the only U.S. state getting bigger.
D. When measured east to west, Hawaii is the widest U.S. state
2. Which of the following demographic facts concerning Hawaii is not true?
A. Oahu is the most populated of its islands.
B. People of Filipino heritage make up the largest ethnic group in Hawaii.
C. Hawaii is the only U.S. state whose majority of people are non-white.
D. Hawaii more than 20 percent of Hawaii's population claimed multi-ethnic backgrounds, far more than any other U.S. state.
3. Which of the following people facts is not true about the people of Hawaii?
A. Hawaii is the only US state to have a majority of non-white people.
B. Hawaii has the highest incidence of diabetes in the USA.
C. More than 20% of the state's population claim to be multi-race.
D. Hawaii has the fewest overweight people in the United States.
4. As of 2020, how many U.S. Presidents have been born in Hawaii?
5. Hawaii was the 50th state to be admitted to the Union. In what year did this happen?
6. Which European explorer made the first documented visit to Hawaii?
A. Ferdinand Magellan
B. Francis Drake
C. Vasco Núñez de Balboa
D. James Cook
7. From 1795 to 1893 Hawaii was ruled by the monarchy. Who was the last reigning monarch?
A. King Kamehameha
B. Queen Liliʻuokalani
C. King Kamehameha V
D. King Kamehameha II
8. Which industry is the largest contributor to the Hawaiian economy?
B. U.S. Defence spending
D. renewable energy
9. Which Hawaiian beach has been called the home of big wave surfing?
B. Banzai Pipeline
C. Waimea Bay
D. Kalipaki Beach
10. The Hawaiian alphabet consists of how many letters?
Conditions of Use