for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Idaho Fun Facts
Set in north-west of the country, Idaho is a state of rugged natural beauty, surprises and interesting facts.
December 14, 2020
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: issuu.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What is the state name of Idaho?
A. The Rocky Mountain State
B. The Potato State
C. The Gem State
D. The Northwest Gem
2. Which of the following geographical facts is not true of Idaho?
A. It has the deepest gorge in the USA.
B. Idaho has more river miles than any other state.
C. Its highest waterfall is higher than Niagara Falls.
D. It is bordered by four US states.
3. The potato is Idaho's most famous agricultural product. Which of the following is not true about Idaho's potatoes?
A. The russet potato is the only potato to be given the name "Idaho Potato".
B. Idaho produces approximately 1/3 of the US potato production.
C. Idaho produces approximately 29 billion potatoes annually.
D. Idaho has a potato museum.
4. The state capital buildings in Boise are heated by what power source?
A. wind power
B. underground hot springs
C. solar power
D. nuclear power
5. According to legend, Idaho is home to what sort of mythical monster?
A. a Big Foot
B. a Yeti
C. a Loch Ness Monster
D. a Doofus Bird
6. Which of the following industrial sectors is Idaho's biggest?
B. science and technology
7. Idaho is home to many small towns, one of the smallest being Bone which has a population of how many according to the 2006 census?
8. Which of the following Hollywood stars was born in Wallace, Idaho in 1921?
A. Betty Grable
B. Eleanor Parker
C. Lana Turner
D. Rita Hayworth
9. Which world first can Idaho make claim to, beginning there in 1953?
A. the first mini-golf course
B. the first movie drive-in
C. the first color TV broadcast
D. the first nuclear power plant
10. Which of the following is not true of Idaho?
A. 63% of the state is owned by the federal government.
B. Idaho's state government holds the monopoly on alcohol sales.
C. Idaho leads the country in drug reform.
D. Idaho has the furthest inland port on the west coast of the USA.
Conditions of Use