for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Madeleine Albright - U.S. Secretary of State
As the first woman to be appointed as U.S. Secretary of State, Madeleine Albright exercised her many talents in various fields. Test your knowledge of this remarkable woman.
December 18, 2020
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: wikipedia.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Where was Madeleine Albright born on May 15, 1937?
2. Madeleine was the name adopted by Ms Albright when studying French as a young woman. What was her birth name?
A. Marla Juliana
B. Marie Jana
C. Melanie Joelle
D. Maria Jane
3. What aspect of her family's history did Madeleine Albright's parents never share with her?
A. she was adopted
B. her father's membership of the Nazi Party
C. their Jewish heritage
D. her grandfather was a murderer
4. Madeleine Albright's first exposure to government was a White House staffer as part of which President's regime?
A. Richard Nixon
B. Ronald Reagan
C. Gerald Ford
D. Jimmy Carter
5. In 1993 Madeleine Albright was appointed to what prestigious position by President Clinton?
A. Education Secretary
B. U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations
C. Attorney General
D. U.S. Ambassador to the United Kingdom
6. Following the deaths of 15 U.S. peacekeepers in Somalia in 1993, Madeleine Albright opposed the second term of which U.N. Secretary-General?
A. Javier Felipe Ricardo Pérez de Cuéllar y de la Guerra
B. Boutros Boutros-Ghali
C. Kofi Annan
D. Ban Ki-Moon
7. Appointed as Secretary of State, Madeleine Albright became the then highest ranking U.S. official to visit what country?
B. Saudi Arabia
C. North Korea
8. Coincidentally, which U.S. Secretary of State was a student of Madeleine Albright's father?
A. Condoleezza Rice
B. Hillary Clinton
C. George Schulz
D. Colin Powell
9. In 1998, Madeleine Albright was inducted into what prestigious group?
A. Rotary International Inspirational Women
B. Women of Influence
C. International Women of Courage
D. National Women's Hall of Fame
10. Madeleine Albright has made cameo appearances in which two memorable TV comedies?
A. Friends & Home Improvement
B. The Simpsons & Frasier
C. Golden Girls & Gilmore Girls
D. 3rd Rock From the Sun & South Park
Conditions of Use