for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Kansas Fun Facts
Located in the heart of the United States, Kansas has a colorful history and plays an important role as a major agricultural producer.
December 29, 2020
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: kansascommerce.gov)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Which of the following famous "cowboy" towns is not located in Kansas?
D. Dodge City
2. Kansas is the largest producer in the U.S. of what agricultural product?
3. Which of the following actors was not born in Kansas?
A. Buster Keaton
B. Annette Bening
C. Don Cheadle
D. R. Lee Ermey
4. What is the capital city of Kansas?
5. Because of its history as a frontier state, many movies have been set in Kansas. Which of the following films was not largely set in the state?
A. Rio Bravo (1959)
B. Dark Command (1940)
C. Santa Fe Trail (1940)
D. Red River (1948)
6. What is the state song of Kansas?
B. Home on the Range
C. Don't Fence Me In
D. Happy Trails
7. As at 2020, no U.S. President has been born in Kansas but which president spent much of his boyhood there?
A. Herbert Hoover
B. Harry Truman
C. Dwight D. Eisenhower
D. Jimmy Carter
8. Which superhero grew up in Kansas?
A. Captain America
C. Captain Marvel
9. In 1881, Kansas became the first U.S. state to ban what anti-social substance or activity?
10. Tornadoes and Kansas have long been paired, giving the inspiration for the classic "Wizard of Oz". Which of the following quotes is not from the 1939 movie?
A. I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.
B. There's no place like home.
C. If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I shouldn't look further than my own backyard.
D. Tornado or no tornado, a girl from Kansas doesn't let much get to her.
Conditions of Use