for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Maryland Fun Facts
Maryland is one of the original thirteen states of the USA so has a long and proud history. Though small in area, this state offers much. Take ten questions on the state that has been called "America in Miniature".
January 13, 2021
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: nestleusa.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Maryland is approximately the same size as what European nation?
2. What natural feature does Maryland not have?
D. national parks
3. What is the capital city of Maryland?
4. While no U.S. President has come from Maryland as of 2021, this small state has been home to a number of major sports stars. Who of the following high achievers was not born in Maryland?
A. Babe Ruth
B. Cal Ripken Jr
C. Michael Phelps
D. Pete Sampras
5. An attack on what Maryland fort during the War of 1812 was the inspiration for "The Star Spangled Banner"?
A. Fort Sumter
B. Fort Ticonderoga
C. Fort McHenry
D. Fort Gaines
6. Maryland is home to the middle event of The Triple Crown - The Preakness. At what Maryland racecourse is this event held?
A. Ocean Downs
D. Laurel Park
7. Which branch of the U.S. armed forces has its training academy in Maryland?
A. Space Force
B. Air Force
8. Maryland has a rich literary history. Which of the following writers was not born in the state?
A. Dorothy Parker
B. Leon Uris
C. Upton Sinclair
D. H.L. Mencken
9. How do scientists think the most famous bay in Maryland, Chesapeake Bay, was formed?
A. it is a drowned river valley
B. meteor crater
C. glacier erosion
D. land uplift around the area
10. What creek in Maryland was the scene of the bloodiest day in the U.S. Civil War?
C. Bull Run
Conditions of Use