for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Franklin D. Roosevelt: 32nd U.S. President - His First Term
Still in his prime, a 51-year old Roosevelt takes over as President in 1933. How much do you know about his first term? - tbrauer1
April 06, 2007
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Franklin D Roosevelt
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Franklin D Roosevelt @ Wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Who was Franklin Roosevelt's biggest challenger for the 1932 Presidential Democratic nomination?
A. Former New York Gov. Al Smith
B. Speaker of the U.S. House John Nance Garner
C. Ohio Governor George White
D. Former Virginia Gov. Harry F. Byrd
2. What Republican candidate did Franklin Roosevelt defeat in the 1932 presidential election?
A. Charles Curtis
B. Calvin Coolidge
C. Herbert Hoover
D. Warren G. Harding
3. Who was President Roosevelt's Vice President in his first term?
A. Joseph P. Kennedy
B. Randolph Hearst
C. George White
D. John Nance Garner
4. In February 1933, Roosevelt escaped an assassination attempt. Who was shot and killed in the crime?
A. Secretary of State Cordell Hull
B. Nebraska Senator George Norris
C. his wife, Eleanor Roosevelt
D. Chicago Mayor Anton Cermak
5. What was the approximate unemployment rate when Roosevelt took office in 1933?
6. Beginning with his inauguration address, Roosevelt began blaming the economic crisis on whom?
A. former President Herbert Hoover
B. bankers and financiers
C. high unemployment rate
D. the drastic fall in industrial production
7. President Roosevelt loved to talk to the American people over the radio. These evening radio talks were commonly known as:
A. fireside chats
B. Presidential parleys
C. daily discussions
D. evening radio talks
8. Which of the following programs was NOT introduced as part of the FIRST New Deal (1933-34)?
A. Works Progress Administration (WPA)
B. National Industrial Recovery Act (NIRA)
C. Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA)
D. Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC)
9. President Roosevelt began a re-evaluation of U.S. policy towards Latin America starting in 1933. What was this policy called?
A. Caribbean Constitutionality Policy
B. Anti-Imperialistc Policy
C. Hands Off Cuba Policy
D. Good Neighbor Policy
10. What act, as part of the Second New Deal, established the federal rights of workers to organize unions, to engage in collective bargaining, and to take part in strikes?
A. American Industrial Strength Act
B. National Labor Relations Act
C. Union Coalition Act
D. United Workers Affairs Act
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by