for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Franklin D. Roosevelt: 32nd U.S. President - His Second Term
The 1936 election rolls around with Roosevelt's popularity soaring. How much do you know about his second term?
April 27, 2007
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Franklin D Roosevelt
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Franklin D Roosevelt @ Wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Who was Franklin Roosevelt's biggest challenger for the 1936 Presidential Democratic nomination?
A. Louisiana Democratic senator Huey Long
B. New York lawyer Henry S. Breckinridge
C. Montana Senator Burton K. Wheeler
D. Missouri Senator Harry S. Truman
2. What Republican candidate did Franklin Roosevelt defeat in the 1936 presidential election?
A. Idaho Senator William E. Borah
B. Stephen A. Day of Ohio
C. Former Governor Warren Green of South Dakota
D. Governor Alfred Landon of Kansas
3. Franklin Roosevelt's home state was:
A. New York
4. What was the goal of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) of 1938?
A. to establish a 40-hour work week for federal empolyees
B. to restrict the number of immigrants working in the US
C. to establish a national minimum wage
D. to establish standard benefit packages for federal employees
5. What was the main obstacle to Roosevelt's programs during his second term?
A. The labor unions
B. The House
C. The Senate
D. The Supreme Court
6. Deaths and retirements in the Supreme Court allowed Roosevelt to appoint how many liberal justices between 1937 and 1941?
7. What Republican senator formed a conservative coalition with Southern Democrats, virtually ending Roosevelt's ability to get his domestic proposals enacted into law?
A. New Jersey Senator William W. Barbour
B. Idaho Senator William E. Borah
C. Ohio Senator Robert Taft
D. Oregon Senator Alexander G. Barry
8. In 1937, Roosevelt gave a speech in Chicago calling for an international "quarantine of the aggressor nations." The speech commonly became known as:
A. The Injunction Speech
B. The Quarantine Speech
C. The Sanctions Speech
D. The Anti-Agressor Speech
9. What was unique about the draft that Roosevelt and Congress enacted in 1940?
A. it was the first time immigrants were drafted
B. it was the first time men over the age of 21 were drafted
C. it was the first peacetime draft in United States history
D. it was the first time women were drafted
10. Roosevelt worked to find innovative ways to support Britain and France before the US involvement in World War II. He was supported by the Committee to Defend America by Aiding the Allies. What committee opposed him?
A. America First Committee
B. US Out Of Europe Committee
C. Peace In Our Time Committee
D. Save Our Soldiers Committee
Conditions of Use