for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Charles Dickens: British Author
Questions about Charles Dickens youth, employment, family, places of residence, and more
January 10, 2008
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
Charles JH Dickens
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. At what age did Charles Dickens get his first job?
2. Who prompted Charles Dickens to search for a job?
A. His father died
B. His father went to prison
C. His father lost the family fortune gambling
D. His father deserted them
3. What was Charles Dickens' first job?
A. He worked in an outdoor market
B. He worked at a boot blacking factory
C. He was a horse groomer
D. He worked in a book binding factory
4. What was Charles Dickens' nickname?
5. Charles Dickens was the father of how many children?
6. What was the title of Charles Dickens' first novel?
A. The Pickwick Papers
B. Oliver Twist
C. David Copperfield
D. A Tale of Two Cities
7. How many trips did Charles Dickens make to North America?
8. In 1865, Charles Dickens was in what kind of accident?
A. rail crash
B. buggy accident
D. he fell down a rugged embankment
9. In which of the following countries did Charles Dickens NOT live at one time in his life?
10. How did Charles Dickens die?
A. an accident
C. heart attack
Conditions of Use