for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Ira Hayes: Honorable Warrior
This quiz is about Ira Hayes who took part in one of the most memorable scenes of World War II. He never thought of himself as a hero.
June 09, 2008
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Wikimedia Commons)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. What branch of the military did Ira Hayes join?
D. Air Corps
2. Ira Hayes was a member of what Native American tribe?
3. In what notable World War II event did Ira Hayes participate?
A. raising the flag at Iwo Jima
B. Pearl Harbor invasion
C. being a code talker
D. the D-Day Invasion of Normandy
4. How did Ira Hayes die?
A. peacefully in his sleep at the age of 80
B. of exposure after passing out drunk in a drainage ditch
C. in a car accident
D. in battle just days before the end of World War II
5. What was Ira Hayes's nickname?
A. Chief Flying Cloud
B. Laughing Boy
C. The Sky Wolf
D. Parachutin' Brave
6. What rank did Ira Hayes attain?
A. Private 1st Class
7. Where is Ira Hayes buried?
A. At the reservation where he was born
B. Arlington National Cemetery
C. On the Island of Iwo Jima
D. He was creamated and his ashes scattered at sea
8. What did Ira Hayes suffer from after returning from the war?
A. Crippling arthritis
C. Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome
9. What film did Ira Hayes appear in as himself in 1949?
A. Sands of Iwo Jima
B. Blood Alley
C. Operation Pacific
D. Flying Leathernecks
10. What state was Ira Hayes from?
A. New Mexico
Conditions of Use