for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - James Monroe: 5th U.S. President
How much do you know about the 5ht President of the United States?
August 08, 2008
American Founding Fathers
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: James Monroe @ Wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. James Monroe was born in what state?
B. New York
2. From what academic institution did James Monroe graduate in 1776?
A. Princeton University
B. College of William and Mary
C. University of Virginia
D. Dartmouth College
3. During the Revolutionary War, Monroe fought in the Continental Army. In fact, he is depicted in the famous painting of George Washington crossing the Delaware. What is Monroe doing in the painting?
A. front left oarsman
B. front right oarsman
C. holding the U.S. flag
D. rear oarsman
4. Under Thomas Jefferson's adminstration, Monroe was dispatched to France to assist Robert R. Livingston. What were they assigned to do?
A. negotiate trade routes on the Atlantic Ocean
B. he was Deputy Minister to France under Livingston
C. maintain the U.S.'s neutrality regarding the French Revolution
D. negotiate the Louisiana Purchase.
5. In 1821, Monroe and secretary of state John Quincy Adams succesfully enticed what country to cede the Floridas to America?
6. What agreement, passed during Monroe’s presidency in 1820, prohibited slavery in the former Louisiana Territory north of the parallel 36°30' north except within the boundaries of the proposed state of Missouri?
A. Slavery North Principle
B. The Lousiana Compromise
C. The 3630 Agreement
D. Missouri Compromise
7. What political party fizzled out during James Monroe's presidency?
D. Free Soil
8. In 1823, Monroe published what was to become his most famous presidential act - a doctrine which said that European powers were no longer to colonize or interfere with the affairs of the newly independent nations of the Americas. This doctrine would event
A. The Monroe Doctrine
B. The Americas Doctrine
C. The Independence Doctrine
D. The Western Doctrine
9. Which of the following states was NOT admitted to the union during Monroe's presidency?
10. On what patriotic holiday did James Monroe die in 1831?
A. Fourth of July
B. Memorial Day
C. Veteran's Day
D. Flag Day
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by