for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Jackson, Michigan: An Interesting Place!
Try this trivia quiz to see what you know about that facts and history of Jackson, Michigan, a city with a neat little history of its own!
October 17, 2008
North American Geography
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Jackson, Michigan was named after whom?
A. President Andrew Jackson
B. Confederate General Thomas J. "Stonewall" Jackson
C. Union Army General James S. Jackson
D. Tito Jackson, guitarist/vocalist of The Jackson 5
2. Many people maintain that what political party was founded in the city of Jackson, Michigan?
A. Democratic Party
B. Republican Party
C. Whig Party
D. Libertarian Party
3. What famous pizza entrepreneur spent some of his childhood at the St. Joseph Home for Children in Jackson, Michigan?
A. John Schnatter of Papa John's Pizza
B. Sherwood Johnson of Shakey's Pizza
C. Mike Ilitch of Little Caesars Pizza
D. Tom Monaghan of Domino's Pizza
4. Which of the following is not a well known nickname for the city of Jackson, Michigan?
A. The Rose City
B. Jack Town
C. Crossroads City
D. Prison City
5. What natural gas and electrical services provider has its international headquarters in Jackson, Michigan?
A. North Central Electric Cooperative
B. Northern States Power Company
C. DTE Energy
D. CMS Energy
6. What "Tonight Show" host grew up in Jackson, Michigan?
A. Steve Allen
B. Jack Paar
C. Johnny Carson
D. Jay Leno
7. Which of the following institutions of higher learning is NOT in the city or suburbs of Jackson, Michigan?
A. Eastern Michigan University
B. Jackson Community College
C. Baker College
D. Spring Arbor University
8. Michigan International Speedway is 18 miles from Jackson, Michigan. Which of the following NASCAR events is NOT annually held at this speedway?
A. Cool City Customs 200
B. Carfax 250
C. 3M Performance 400
D. Allstate 400
9. What famous National Football League player and coach was born and raised in Jackson, Michigan?
A. Tony Dungy
B. Steve Mariucci
C. Mike Ditka
D. Tom Coughlin
10. What 2003 movie starring Jeff Daniels was filmed entirely in Jackson, Michigan?
A. My Favorite Martian
B. Blood Work
C. Super Sucker
D. Escanaba in da Moonlight
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by