for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Colonel John J. Astor: Titanic Victim
I've always been interested in The Titanic and her passengers. Col Astor was one of several American millionaires who died in the tragedy.
December 09, 2008
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
John J Astor IV
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: John J Astor IV Wikimedia Commons)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. John's full name was?
A. Johnathan James Astor Jr.
B. John Jennings Astor IV
C. John Jacob Astor IV
D. Johnathan Jennings Astor Sr.
2. John attended what college?
D. Duke University
3. What is the name of the book written by John in 1894?
A. The Scarlet Pimpernel
B. The Five Little Peppers and How They Grew
C. The Borrowers
D. A Journey In Other Worlds
4. What 3 hotels were owned by John?
A. Astoria, Waldorff and Knickerbocker
B. Astoria, Algonquin and Waldorff
C. Astoria, Hotel St. Regis and Knickerbocker
D. Ritz, Astoria, and Hotel St. Regis
5. Why had John been out of the United States when he was returning on The Titanic?
A. Attending a royal wedding
B. On a US Diplomatic mission
C. He'd wintered abroad to wait for gossip to die down
D. He'd gone to Belgium to buy a dog.
6. Where did John board The Titanic?
7. How did John react when told he could not board the lifeboat with his wife?
A. He stood back and asked which boat it was.
B. He became angry and had to be restrained
C. He offered money to be allowed to get on the lifeboat
D. He took his wife out of the boat and stormed off
8. Which of these was NOT among his effects when John's body was recovered?
A. gold watch
B. his dog's hand tooled leather leash
C. diamond ring with 3 stones
D. gold pencil
9. What did John do with one of the life vests?
A. cut the lining to show his wife what it was made of
B. put it on his dog
C. put it in the lifeboat for his wife to sit on
D. used it for target practice the morning before the tragedy
10. In addition to his wife, who accompanied John on the Titanic?
A. his mother-in-law,his doctor, his manservant
B. no one, they travelled alone
C. his manservant, his wife's maid, his wife's nurse and their pet Airedale
D. the entire staff of his New York mansion
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by