for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Civil War Grab Bag #1
Civil War Grab Bag #1
January 29, 2006
American Civil War
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Civil War Uniforms)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. In what battle was Stonewall Jackson wounded?
2. Luther Ladd, the first soldier to die in the Civil War was from what state?
B. New York
D. New Hampshire
3. Major Henry Wirz, was the only confederate soldier executed for war crimes. Why?
B. torturing prisoners
C. executing prisoners
D. he ran the notorious Andersonville Prison
4. Presidents Lincoln and Jefferson Davis were both born in what state?
5. Sam Carter, only person to be both an admiral and general was from this state:
6. What admiral said "Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead?"
A. Franklin Buchanan
B. David Dixon Porter
C. David Farragut
D. Andrew Foote
7. What was General Robert E. Lee's horses name?
8. What was the name of Ulysses S. Grant's saddle horse?
9. What year was Lincoln referring to when he uttered "fourscore and seven years" during his famous Gettysburg address?
10. Which well-known writer deserted from the Confederate army?
A. Walt Whitman
B. Mark Twain
C. Bret Harte
D. Ambrose Bierce
Conditions of Use