for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - John Tyler: 10th U.S. President
How much do you know about the 10th president of the United States, John Tyler?
January 02, 2009
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: John Tyler @ Wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. John Tyler was a graduate of what college?
A. Virginia Commonwealth University
B. Virginia Union University
C. The College of William and Mary
D. Mary Baldwin College
2. John Tyler took the office of the presidency after the death of what president?
A. William Henry Harrison
B. Andrew Jackson
C. Martin Van Buren
D. James K. Polk
3. In September 1841, Tyler's entire cabinet resigned except for whom?
A. John J. Crittenden
B. John Bell
C. Thomas Ewing, Sr.
D. Daniel Webster
4. Tyler reportedly recognized the coming importance of the Asian Pacific region to trade, and sent a diplomatic mission to what country?
5. In 1842, the U.S. finally established where the border between Maine and Canada would lie. This was established via what treaty?
A. Webster-Ashburton Treaty
B. International Boundary Waters Treaty
C. Ogdensburg Agreement
D. Canadian-American Reciprocity Treaty
6. The United States was involved in a war with a Native American tribe that ended during Tyler's presidency in 1842. What war was it?
A. Colorado War
B. First Seminole War
C. Black Hack War
D. Second Seminole War
7. What state became part of the union under Tyler's presidency?
C. New Mexico
8. How many children did John Tyler have?
9. All of the following apply to John Tyler EXCEPT:
A. he was the first president to be photographed
B. he was the first to succeed to presidency following the death of a predecessor
C. he died during the Civil War
D. he was the first president born after the adoption of the U.S. Constitution
10. Which of the following was John Tyler's nickname?
A. Old Tippecanoe
B. Young Hickory
C. His Accidency
D. Old Rough and Ready
Conditions of Use
Website owned and operated by