for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt: A Convenient Marriage
The tumultuous relationship between two American legends, Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt.
January 04, 2009
Presidential First Ladies
Taken by Registered Users:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Roosevelt Wedding @ Vincennes School)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. At their wedding on March 17, 1905, Eleanor Roosevelt was given away by:
A. Her father, Elliott
B. Franklin's father, James
C. Her uncle, Theodore Roosevelt
2. How many children did Eleanor bear?
3. In 1914, Franklin Roosevelt began an extra-marital affair with:
A. Eleanor's cousin, Alice
B. Eleanor's social secretary, Lucy Mercer
C. His secretary, Missy Le Hand
D. The children's nanny, Marie Souvestre
4. Franklin Roosevelt's affair was discovered by Eleanor in 1918 when she:
A. Found them in bed
B. Found love letters
C. Found items of intimate apparel
D. Was sent a letter from a well-meaning friend
5. As a result of Franklin Roosevelt's affair, Eleanor offered Franklin:
A. A divorce
B. An open marriage
C. Marriage counselling
D. A round the world cruise
6. Franklin Roosevelt had an extra-marital affair that resumed in 1941. The woman used a secret code name when calling the White House and telephone operators knew that she was to be put straight through to the President. What was the code name?
A. Mrs. Paul Johnson
B. Mrs. John Page
C. Mrs. Peter Jones
D. Mrs. James Packer
7. Eleanor Roosevelt had a newspaper column describing her family and national life. It was called:
A. Eleanor's View
B. First Lady's Letter to America
C. White House Herald
D. My Day
8. Franklin Roosevelt's children, in total, had how many marriages?
9. One wartime decision over which Eleanor Roosevelt publicly disagreed with her husband was:
A. The internment of Japanese Americans
B. His decision to run in 1944
C. The establishment of the American Youth Congress
D. The move to defeat Germany before Japan
10. Franklin Roosevelt died on April 12, 1945, in Warm Springs, sitting for a portrait, with his long-time flame. Which member of his family arranged for her to be there?
B. Daughter, Anna
C. Son, Elliott
D. Son, James
Conditions of Use