for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Earvin "Magic" Johnson: Hoops Superstar!
This quiz about the 6'9" former NBA star. Should be a slam dunk!
January 25, 2009
Big Ten Men's Basketball
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Sydney Morning Herald)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Earvin Johnson was born where in 1959?
A. Meridian, MS
B. New York, NY
C. Lansing, MI
D. Los Angeles, CA
2. Johnson received the nickname "Magic" at age 15 from whom?
A. His father
B. Fred Stabley Jr., a sportswriter
C. A Lansing TV station
D. His high school coach
3. He attended High school at:
A. Lansing Everett
B. Lansing Eastern
C. Lansing Sexton
4. Where did Magic Johnson play his college basketball?
B. University of Michigan
C. Did not play in college
D. Michigan State University
5. After playing all five positions in one game in the 1980 NBA finals, Johnson was named:
A. To the all star team
B. Rookie of the year
C. Most valuable player in the NBA finals
D. Coach of the team
6. While playing pro ball for the Los Angeles Lakers, the team's brand of basketball was often called:
A. Hollywood Hoops
C. Up Tempo
D. Pick and Roll
7. Johnson was part of five NBA titles in the following years:
A. 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987 and 1988
B. 1980, 1982, 1985,,1988, and 1991
C. Won six titles
D. 1980, 1984, 1985, 1989, 1991
8. Johnson won how many NBA most valuable player awards:
D. Never won
9. After winning his first NBA game, Johnson ran over and hugged:
A. The head coach of the Lakers
B. Paula Abdul
C. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
D. His wife
10. On November 7, 1991, Johnson announced to the world he was retiring from basketball because:
A. He was HIV positive
B. He was going to play baseball
C. He was going to record an album
D. He was running for President
Conditions of Use