for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Laura Bush: Elegant First Lady
What do you know about the lovely and intelligent Laura Bush?
March 07, 2009
Presidential First Ladies
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: The White House)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. The future Mrs. Bush was born in Midland, Texas in 1946. What was her maiden name?
2. Laura graduated from Southern Methodist University in 1968 with a Bachelor's degree in what?
3. After earning her Bachelor's Degree, Laura earned her Master's degree in Library Science from what university?
A. Rice University
B. Texas A&M University
C. Baylor University
D. University of Texas
4. During pregnancy, Mrs. Bush developed a life-threatening condition that forced doctors to deliver her twins five weeks early by an emergency Caesarian section. What condition did she have?
C. high blood pressure
D. gastrointestinal perforation
5. As First Lady of Texas, Mrs. Bush implemented four major initiatives to help children and their families, particularly in the area of literacy. Which of the following was NOT one of them?
A. Take Time For Kids
B. Reach Out and Read
C. Ready to Read
D. Families Reading Together
6. As First Lady of the United States, Mrs. Bush partnered with the Library of Congress to launch a program to promote reading and education. What was it called?
A. Visit Your Library!
B. United States Book Club
C. National Book Festival
D. National Reading Fair
7. In November 2001, Mrs. Bush became the first person other than a president to do what?
A. deliver the weekly presidential radio address
B. greet a foreign dignitary at Andrews Air Force Base
C. deliver a speech to Congress
D. light the White House Christmas Tree
8. On the one-year anniversary of the 9/11 bombings, Mrs. Bush encouraged parents not watch the disturbing replays on television with their children. Along with reading, what else did she encourage them to do?
A. say a prayer
B. light a candle
C. have a moment of silence
D. set a bouquet of flowers on your kitchen table
9. What honorary position did Mrs. Bush hold for the United Nation's "Decade of Literacy"?
10. As First Lady, Mrs. Bush took five goodwill trips to Africa. Which of the following was NOT one of the main purposes of the trips?
A. raised awareness about HIV/AIDS and malaria
B. stressed the need for education
C. organized food drives
D. stressed the need for greater opportunities for women
Conditions of Use