for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Andrew Johnson: 17th U.S. President
What do you know about the 17th US President, Andrew Johnson?
August 02, 2009
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Andrew Johnson @ Wikipedia)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. As a youngster, Andrew Johnson worked as a:
2. From 1853 to 1857, Andrew Johnson served as governor of what state?
3. Johnson was nominated for the Vice President slot in 1864 as the running mate with Abraham Lincoln. Under what political party was he nominated?
D. National Union
4. Johnson succeeded to the Presidency upon what president's assassination?
A. James Buchanan
B. Abraham Lincoln
C. Ulysses S Grant
D. James Garfield
5. Johnson favored laws passed in Southern states that limited the civil rights and civil liberties of African Americans. What were these laws called?
A. Black Codes
B. Negro Laws
C. Colored Codes
D. Black Rules
6. Johnson disbanded a US Bureau originally designed by President Lincoln to aid former slaves through education, health care, and employment. What was the name of the Bureau?
A. Black Assistance Bureau
B. Former Slave Bureau
C. Freedman's Bureau
D. Freed Slaves Department
7. Johnson unsuccessfully blocked ratification of the Civil Rights Amendment into the Constitution which was designed to grant blacks citizenship. Which amendment was it?
A. 12th Amendment
B. 13th Amendment
C. 14th Amendment
D. 15th Amentment
8. Congress passed laws placing restrictions upon President Johnson. What law did Johnson violate resulting in his impeachment?
A. Trade Act
B. Freedman Act
C. Tax Anti-Injunction Act
D. Tenure of Office Act
9. With Johnson's approval, Secretary of State William Seward negotiated the purchase of what territory in 1867?
B. Puerto Rico
10. Which of the following states was admitted to the Union during Johnson's presidency?
Conditions of Use