for extra features!
Science & Nature Trivia
TV, Radio & Stage Trivia
Trivia Quiz - Oliver Stone: Questions About His Life
Miscellaneous questions about the life and career of Oliver Stone
September 11, 2009
Movie & TV Directors, Producers & Writers
Taken by Registered Users:
Quiz is about:
for the code snippet to embed this quiz in your website.
(Image Source: Oliver Stone @ foxnews.com)
Be sure to
before taking quizzes to have your scores saved.
1. Where was Oliver Stone born and raised?
D. New York
2. What life experience gave Stone a solid background for making the film "Wall Street"?
A. Reading about the New York Exchange
B. Working on the French Exchange
C. His Father was a banker
D. He lived near the Financial District of Chicago for a period
3. What University did Oliver Stone leave one year after being admitted?
4. Oliver made 3 films about the Vietnam war in 1986, 1989, and 1993. The first two were "Platoon" and "Born on the Fourth of July". What was the third?
A. Heaven & Earth
B. Soldiers Duty
C. No Time for Peace
D. Mission of Life
5. Oliver Stone received mentoring from what well-known director at the New York University Film School?
A. Stephen Spielberg
B. Martin Scorsese
C. Francis Ford Coppola
D. Woody Allen
6. What film did Oliver Stone direct in which Michael Douglas won the Oscar for Best Actor?
A. The China Syndrome
B. Wonder Boys
C. Falling Down
D. Wall Street
7. What documentary film did Stone make based on conversations with Fidel Castro in 2003?
A. Island Fortress
B. Paradise Lost
D. Paridise Found
8. Oliver is known to have suffered from a cocaine addiction while he wrote what screenplay?
B. Midnight Express
C. Year of the Dragon
9. What movie did Oliver Stone make in 1991 about a well-known rock band of the same name?
A. The Grateful Dead
B. The Who
C. The Beatles
D. The Doors
10. What institution named Oliver Stone artistic director in 2008?
A. The New York Method Institute
B. New York University's Tisch School of the Arts Asia
C. Yale University
D. The Purple Rose Theatre
Conditions of Use